Dr Gloria Batista de Vega has been carrying out a number of important studies with the support of international scientific institutions in the following areas:
- • “In vitro” and “in situ” experiments to improve seed quality.
- • Work on histological fluorescence in “in vitro” seeds using confocal laser and electron microscopes.
- • Molecular characterization of “in vitro” cultivated seeds.
- o Characterization of genotypes.
- o Microsatellite.
- o Micropropagation of apparently (phenotypically) resistant thalli.
The “in vitro” experiments are carried out in the laboratory, while the “in situ” experiments, depending on the requirements of the research, are carried out in the marine farms or in special tanks located in the open and close to the laboratory area.